The Big Harry Potter One - Mini Diagon Alley!

This was the one I was most looking forward to designing from the whole Harry Potter series from Lego - the amazing Diagon Alley - and I’m super proud of this mini version!

It’s a big set, 4 separate builds and a huge amount of detail to re-create.

First up was Ollivanders Wand Shop with the lovely black and yellow curved bay windows.  Keep with the build styles from previous, I used the 2x2 round bricks for these in the trans yellow colour.

Next to design was Quality Quidditch Supplies - brilliant pink and dark red colour scheme and the first big challenge of this set - the leaning front windows.  The angled look was achieved with hidden 1x2 hinge bricks.

The third mini building consists of the duo of Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour and Florish & Blotts and I enjoyed the contrasting yellow and green colours of this one.  I also liked doing the simple but effective outdoor seating.

The final of the four buildings was going to be the most difficult one - with the combination of the bright orange and lavender colours (hoping the necessary parts were going to be available to me), the big round windows and of course the rather large character out of top front of the model!  The feedback I’ve got from this one so far tells me I got it just right in all those aspects.

I will be doing a further presentation approach of this design on a black plinth with a ‘Diagon Alley’ name plate to really show it off as an individual display set.

Enjoy my Mini Harry Potter Diagon Alley!












Comments

Popular Posts