Mini Modular Number 4 - The Police Station

Onto mini modular number 4 - the Police Station!  This is actually the only other full size modular I own so I'd have to work out from after this one how I was going to be seeing what they look like - extra challenge!

I set myself an extra detail to achieve here and that was the slight offset of the side buildings from the main one when you look from the rear - the back of the buildings on the main modular don't line up.  To get this to work I ended up using the 1x3 plates with the double jumpers on top under the side parts to push them back slightly.

More fine details to get in on this one included the newspapers on the sign on the sales stand and the trailing leaves on the left side of the police station itself - I tried many ways to get these on but everything else 'stood out' a bit too much from the model so the hinged parts I used in the end were ideal to keep it close to the building itself and looked much better.

This was also the first model where I choose to indent some of the vertical 1x2 plates to re-create the 'pushed back' doors approach on the bottom floor.

Here is the final design for this one.




All my designs are on Rebrickable right here - Chris Tromans on Rebrickable


Comments

Popular Posts