Mini Modular Number 2 - Assembly Square

With the Boutique Hotel mini modular instructions out there in the wild and gaining traction, I've moved onto my second design - another set I own and fancied a challenge at - Assembly Square.

The only Modular Building with a different baseplate size so I stuck with that for the mini version and went 12x8 instead of the standard 8x8 for the mini modulars.

The biggest design challenge here was the "turret" on the right hand building - do I go for a 1x1 round brick approach (which I did first of all) or a 2x2 round brick approach to make it more prominent and obvious but more difficult to get it attach on a single corner.  After a bit of feedback from some new Facebook fans of my work, the 2x2 was the definite option to go for.

The corner windows were also interesting but I stuck with the easiest approach of 1x1 slopes for these.

As with the first model, I was starting to realise the intricacies of having to get thin plates sitting right on top of the sideways horizontally built sections where there are no studs - if you try to do it in Studio it just won't sit so I was finding myself building up and over those parts to then come back down to get them clipped in!

This was the final design for Assembly Square:


Looking forward to the next one on the list - probably the Book Shop!

All my designs are on Rebrickable right here - Chris Tromans on Rebrickable

Comments

Popular Posts