My Very First Lego Mini Modular - The Boutique Hotel

Early in 2022 the Lego Boutique Hotel was released and the first thing I did after the New Year fireworks had finished was get on the Lego.com website and place the order for it!  I got the Singapore Skyline set too as well as that's another of my collections.

After waiting patiently for it to arrive, it took me around 4-5 nights to build the Boutique Hotel.  The set has some cracking details, beautiful interiors and nice touches all over.

To take a slight tangent, I've also been an avid collector of the Creator Expert vehicles series and, for each one, I'd seek out and build a mini version of it too.

Here you can see a couple of the "bigs" and "minis" from that series (excuse the dust - blimey they need a clean!):


This "bigs and minis" approach got me thinking about the Modular Buildings series - I wonder if I could do the same with those!

So, I fired up Lego Studio and got to work on my first Lego Mini Modular!  This first one took a few nights - I hadn't been in Studio for a while.  It was a super challenge to replicate details on an 8 x 8 base plate!!  The angled wall to re-create the correct shape of the hotel has involved two different techniques inside to keep it sturdy.  After few different versions and tweaks, I'd got something I was really happy with:


This was my first foray into the world of selling instructions on Rebrickable as well - it took a few hours to learn how the Lego Studio instruction designer worked - it's actually remarkably clever!

You can find more images and the instructions over here on Rebrickable - Boutique Hotel Instructions on Rebrickable

I'm now working my way through creating the rest of the 17 Modular Buildings - a huge challenge but I'm loving it!


 

Comments

Popular Posts